Ensure that financial transactions are processed timely and accurately. Work with auditors and assist Finance Manager in the coordination of needed corrections and follow-up on feedback. Provide cost analysis and external reporting with regard to assigned grants/contracts. Monitor budgets for grants/contracts assigned. Monitor expenditures and revenues while maintaining ongoing supervision of financial accounts, ensuring adherence to various internal and external regulations.
The person in this position has responsibility for generating, sharing and evaluating all financial information for the grants/contracts assigned under the overall direction of the Finance Manager, Program Leader, and Executive Director.
Back-up to Finance Manager in certain general areas of finance for the association (e.g. accounts receivable and accounts payable processes).
Administrative Management 60%
• Work closely with Program Leadership and Finance Manager on financial management and guidance regarding assigned grants/contracts.
• Collect data from sub-contractors, check accuracy, incorporate data with association’s services for inclusive reporting of financial, program, and statistical information.
• Maintain inventory of equipment purchases for the contracts assigned.
• May assist program staff to develop, prepare, and monitor grants/contracts for assigned projects.
• Monitor grant/contract expenditures and revenues, ensuring adherence to various internal and external regulations.
• Prepare invoices and track cash receipts and receivables for contracts assigned.
• Review all vouchers from sub-contractors and vendors for cash disbursements and accounts payable.
• Responsible for maintaining detailed files on projects assigned.
• Prepare and maintain all internal and external reports; acquire and maintain all file documentation for funders according to the grant/contract guidelines and stipulations.
Grant and Contract Coordination 20%
• Act as association’s liaison with sub-contractors and funders by maintaining constant communication with key individuals.
• Will work with funders and appropriate sub-contractors to collect data and submit required reports, and acquire documentation for all contract revenue and expenditures.
Internal Auditing 5%
• Audit records for financial discrepancies and potential issues/ concerns, identify possible solutions, and work with Finance Manager to resolve.
Finance Support 10%
• Back up to association accounting system/software input; including, but not limited to accounts receivable, accounts payable and invoicing functions.
Professional Development 5%
• Attend regular staff and program meetings as assigned.
EEO/EPO Applies to All Job Duties
• Appreciate and embrace diversity in all interactions with clientele, staff, volunteers, and the public.
• Ensures compliance with EEO/EPO procedures and policies
• Associate’s Degree or college level accounting courses and 4 years of experience or equivalent combination of experience and education.
• Knowledge of accrual basis of accounting
• Proficient oral and written communication skills
• Proficient with electronic technology such as Microsoft Office.
• Demonstrated success in managing multiple tasks and delegating team work.
• BA in Accounting and experience with non-profit finance is desirable.
A full position description is available here.
Inquiries: Questions in advance of application should be directed to Krystal Dunn, at 607-272—2292, e-mail email@example.com
To Apply: Individuals interested in this position must apply online by December 1, 2014. A full position description and link to apply is available at: https://cornellu.taleo.net/careersection/10163/jobdetail.ftl?job=25900
Individuals who bring a diverse perspective and are supportive of diversity are strongly encouraged to apply. EOE
- More than 90 trees were planted as part of Onondaga County’s ‘Save the Rain’ program
- Dig into your neighborhood! Join us for the annual community tree planting!
- 4-H is Launchpad to Learning with “Rockets to the Rescue”!
- Agriculture Educator Erin Hull Talks on “Townie Hour”!
- CCE Onondaga Coordinator, Jessi Lyons, Talks EAB with WRVO