Position Announcement (8/18/2014)
Title: Association Resource Educator - Agriculture
Provide agriculture producers and industry representatives with the knowledge and educational resources in business management, marketing and economics of production necessary to assess production and management practices that will enhance their profitability and sustain the growth of the agricultural industry in Onondaga County. Provide leadership in 4H/Youth Development.
The Resource Educator will contribute to the organization and its programs by:
- Identifying community needs and resources to conduct relevant agricultural programs.
- Developing and leading educational programs and projects.
- Evaluating program outcomes and impacts.
- Preparing program reports as necessary.
- Participating in cross discipline programs within the Association to leverage the organization’s position as a community resource.
- Working with adult volunteers and participants to ensure program success.
- Working with staff from other CCE Associations, regional teams and with agencies and organizations.
- Representing the program and organization to external audiences.
- Supervising the 4H/Youth Development program.
- Supervising Agriculture staff and 4H staff. Provide communications for program events results and impacts.
- Master’s degree in agriculture, agricultural business, agricultural economics, or related discipline.
- Training in at least one of the following fields:
applied agricultural economics
business plan development
- Able to work with limited supervision, have excellent verbal and written communications skills, able to work flexible hours as necessary, and be able to fulfill the travel expectations of the position.
- Knowledge of non-formal educational systems such as Cornell Cooperative Extension.
- Ability to work effectively with adults and youth.
- Knowledge in developing program logic models and plans of work.
- Knowledge of business models and systems and business plan development
- Ability to create professional information networks through land-grant institutions.
- Skills in program planning, organizing, leading, and evaluating program initiatives.
- NYS driver’s license
- Ability to use office information technology and office equipment effectively (e.g. software, computers, copiers, etc.).
- Ability to manage one’s time while engaged in multiple efforts.
- Experience working in 4H / Youth Development
- Spanish speaking skills
A full position description is available here.
Inquiries: Questions in advance of application should be directed to Krystal Dunn, at 607-272—2292, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
To Apply: Individuals interested in this position must apply online by September 10, 2014. A full position description and link to apply is available at: https://cornellu.taleo.net/careersection/10163/jobdetail.ftl?job=25117
Individuals who bring a diverse perspective and are supportive of diversity are strongly encouraged to apply. EOE