Earth Day 2013
Date(s) - 20 Apr 2013
10:00 AM - 2:00 PM
Onondaga Lake Park - Salt Museum
Category(ies) No Categories
Date of Event: Saturday, April 20, 2013
Time of Event: 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
Location of Event: Onondaga Lake Park, Salt Museum
Onondaga County will partner with Cornell Cooperative Extension of Onondaga County and the Onondaga County Soil and Water Conservation District to celebrate Earth Day at Onondaga Lake Park on Saturday, April 20, 2013. Partners will explain the benefits of trees and how to properly plant trees, as well as discuss anticipated impacts when the emerald ash borer arrives in this area. Tree seedlings will be available for purchase from the Soil and Water Conservation District, and the public will be invited to assist in the planting of ten new trees near the Salt Museum and Bloody Brook at Onondaga Lake Park. The event will begin at 10am and end at 2pm. There will be displays and craft activities for children at the Salt Museum. Cornell Cooperative Extension will make a presentation on the emerald ash borer, the importance of tree and canopy replacement and tree planting basics beginning at 11am. Following the presentation, the public will be invited to assist in planting ten new trees. After the tree plantings, experts will be available to answer questions.
- Tree Care Professionals and Municipal Officials Increase Knowledge of Ash Tree Management
- Announcing Herbicide Management for Aquatic Invasive Plants – April 10
- Blazing Stars 4-H Club – Tack Sale!
- Tractor Supply Company Store Hosts Onondaga 4-H Youth for Agriculture Education on Equine Nutrition
- Onondaga County 4-H Plant Sale