Community Horticulture and Gardening
The Community Horticulture and Gardening program works with volunteers, residents, youth, gardening clubs and anybody interested in growing and caring for plants.
Every gardener could use a little help, some gardeners need a lot of help! We bring research-based information to gardeners of all skill levels to help them address their gardening questions. We offer workshops, presentations to clubs and groups, gardening information via the Horticulture Hotline, and consultation for new community gardens. You can find our Master Gardener volunteers at fairs, festivals, and farmers’ markets offering gardening information and advice, or you may find them working with school groups, assisting new gardens with design and interpretation, or hosting workshops of their own.
Check out our programs and resources!
If you have gardening questions call our Horticulture Hotline Monday and Tuesdays from 9am – 12 pm, to talk to a Master Gardener or email a question email@example.com. If we don’t know the answer, we’ll find it for you. 315-424-9485 ext. 236
- 2014 Agriculture Programming Success
- Deck the Halls with Veggies & Fruits this Holiday Season
- More than 90 trees were planted as part of Onondaga County’s ‘Save the Rain’ program
- Dig into your neighborhood! Join us for the annual community tree planting!
- 4-H is Launchpad to Learning with “Rockets to the Rescue”!