Locations: Participating school districts in Tully, Fabius Pompey, Fayetteville- Manlius, Marcellus, Jamesville-Dewitt and East Syracuse-Minoa
CCE Onondaga educators and FFA volunteers will go into classrooms across the county to help 2nd grade students in participating school districts gain an awareness of the importance of agriculture and the food and fiber system. Volunteers will read the signature book for 2013- The Beeman, by Laurie Krebs and Valeria Cis, and engage students in an activity as they talk with youth about agriculture. The school’s library will receive the donated book along with a bookplate to recognize the donor and NY Ag Literacy week.
Flyer on the New York State Agriculture, please click here.
View the postcard, please click here.
Leave a comment
- The Naturalist Outreach Program
- 2014 Lewis County 4-H Teen Winter Weekend Invitation
- The Blazing Stars 4-H Club of Onondaga County has designed and launched their very own website and blog!
- City, local organizations, and volunteers prepare for annual community tree planting event
- Master Gardeners that reached 200 hours of Community Service