Onondaga County Executive Joanie Mahoney today announced that an Earth Day celebration will take place in Onondaga Lake Park on Saturday, April 20, 2013. Onondaga County will partner with Cornell Cooperative Extension of Onondaga County and the Onondaga County Soil and Water Conservation District to explain the benefits of trees and how to properly plant trees, as well as discuss anticipated impacts when the Emerald Ash Borer arrives in this area. Tree seedlings will be available for purchase from the Soil and Water Conservation District, and the public will be invited to assist in the planting of ten new trees near the Salt Museum at Onondaga Lake Park.
Read the complete press release, please click here.
Leave a comment
- Tree Care Professionals and Municipal Officials Increase Knowledge of Ash Tree Management
- Announcing Herbicide Management for Aquatic Invasive Plants – April 10
- Blazing Stars 4-H Club – Tack Sale!
- Tractor Supply Company Store Hosts Onondaga 4-H Youth for Agriculture Education on Equine Nutrition
- Onondaga County 4-H Plant Sale