Onondaga County Executive Joanie Mahoney today announced that an Earth Day celebration will take place in Onondaga Lake Park on Saturday, April 20, 2013. Onondaga County will partner with Cornell Cooperative Extension of Onondaga County and the Onondaga County Soil and Water Conservation District to explain the benefits of trees and how to properly plant trees, as well as discuss anticipated impacts when the Emerald Ash Borer arrives in this area. Tree seedlings will be available for purchase from the Soil and Water Conservation District, and the public will be invited to assist in the planting of ten new trees near the Salt Museum at Onondaga Lake Park.
Read the complete press release, please click here.
Leave a comment
- 2014 Agriculture Programming Success
- Deck the Halls with Veggies & Fruits this Holiday Season
- More than 90 trees were planted as part of Onondaga County’s ‘Save the Rain’ program
- Dig into your neighborhood! Join us for the annual community tree planting!
- 4-H is Launchpad to Learning with “Rockets to the Rescue”!