Onondaga County Executive Joanie Mahoney today announced that an Earth Day celebration will take place in Onondaga Lake Park on Saturday, April 20, 2013. Onondaga County will partner with Cornell Cooperative Extension of Onondaga County and the Onondaga County Soil and Water Conservation District to explain the benefits of trees and how to properly plant trees, as well as discuss anticipated impacts when the Emerald Ash Borer arrives in this area. Tree seedlings will be available for purchase from the Soil and Water Conservation District, and the public will be invited to assist in the planting of ten new trees near the Salt Museum at Onondaga Lake Park.
Read the complete press release, please click here.
Leave a comment
- The Naturalist Outreach Program
- 2014 Lewis County 4-H Teen Winter Weekend Invitation
- The Blazing Stars 4-H Club of Onondaga County has designed and launched their very own website and blog!
- City, local organizations, and volunteers prepare for annual community tree planting event
- Master Gardeners that reached 200 hours of Community Service